PS3 Firmware 2.00 available for all regions, from Nov 8th. November 8, 2007Posted by stvchang in games, gaming news, PS3, PS3 games, Sony.
- Remote Start – The PS3 now needs only be in standby mode to allow remote start by your PSP. Previously the PS3 need to be switched on to be accessed by PSP.
- Information Board – Scrolling headlines featuring Sony selected news. RSS feeds to be added in future updates.
- Themes – You can create and share theme; customize backgrounds, icons and fonts with companion PC software; and you can get more via PlayStation.com and PlayStation Store.
- XMB Color Selector – Control the mood of the PS3 to suit yours.
- Music & Photo Playlists – You can now create your own custom playlist.
- Additional Sorting Options – You can now sort your music by year.
- DualShock 3 support – Finally, your PS3 is ready to rumble to games that support it.
- PLAYSTATION Network XMB group – A new icon for PlayStation Store.
- Canon printer support – Allowing you to print to your Canon printer, used to support Epson printers only.
While these features wont make the PS3 cooler to challenge Xbox360‘s Halo 3 or Wii‘s Super Mario Galaxy, the options to create themes and XMB color selector helps to make your PS3 more to your liking while you play PS3‘s best game to date, Ratchet & Clank Future.
Go to your own region’s system update, and good luck in downloading the Firmware as Sonys’ servers are pretty much fully loaded now (I have failed to get the firmware few times now).